To disable sharing on Facebook 2022, open the app and click the three lines in the upper left corner. Select “Settings” and then “Account Settings.” Scroll down and select “Share on Facebook”. From here, you can disable who can see your posts and who can share your posts.
To change the Facebook share button, follow these steps:Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of Facebook.Select Settings.Click the Share tab. Change the button you want to use in the dropdown menu.
How to remove the Share button from Facebook posts
This section explains how to remove the Share button from Facebook posts. But since this will disable sharing for all your messages, we’ll also provide alternatives so you can choose who gets access to messages first.
The only way to remove the Share button on your Facebook posts is to completely disable sharing for all your posts.
How do I disable the share button on Facebook?
Just follow these steps and you’ll be good to go:
- Open the Facebook app and sign in to your profile if you haven’t already.
- Click the menu icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and click “Settings & Privacy”.
- Click “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section and click “Profiling and Tagging.”
- Click “Allow others to share your posts to their story.”
- Select “No”. Now people won’t be able to share your posts to their stories.
- Now go to your Facebook profile and click on the post where you want to disable the share button.
- Click the three dots icon in the upper right corner and select “Edit Post Privacy.”
- Choose “Friends” so that only your friends can see and share your posts. People other than your Facebook friends won’t see this post and won’t be able to share it. Unfortunately, you can’t disable the share button for your friends.
Remove the share option from your Facebook post
Follow this step-by-step guide to make your Facebook post unshareable with others:
- Open Facebook and log in by entering your username and password.
- Once your credentials have been verified, you will be redirected to your news feed.
- In the upper right corner of your screen you will see the menu icon, tap on it!
- Then choose “Settings and privacy”.
- Then select “Settings”.
- Look at the menu on the left, click on “Profile and marking”.
- Now click “Allow others to share your posts to their story.”
- Clicking “No” will disable the share button on your Facebook posts for everyone (including your friends).
Android / iOS mobile app
- Open the Facebook mobile app and log into your account.
- Tap your profile picture/3 bars in the top right corner, scroll down and tap Settings & privacy > Settings.
- On the next screen, tap Profile Settings, then tap Profile & Tagging.
- Finally, tap Allow others to share your posts to their stories? and change this setting to No.
- Open facebook.com in a web browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile photo in the top right corner of Facebook and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- In the menu on the left of the next screen, click Privacy and then Stories.
- Finally, turn off Allow others to share their public stories in your own story? by clicking the Toggle icon to its right in the right pane.